Local News

    Brandon Township woman dies after hair, clothes catch fire while using stove

    A 73-year-old Brandon Township woman is dead after her hair and clothes caught fire while using her gas stove, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

    Deputies and the Brandon Township Fire Department responded to the 3000 block of Cedar Loop Monday around 8:19 p.m. Officials said the fire was extinguished upon arrival, and paramedics tended to the woman, who suffered from dementia.

    She was transported to a local hospital, where she died due to her injuries.

    Source:Detroit Free Press

    Related Articles

    Close